Wedding Day Tips for the Bride and Groom
Make sure that a bridesmaid or two know how to fix your bustle before the reception.
Have food delivered to your prep location. The day will be busy and it's good to make sure you get to eat at some point.
Always allot more time than you think is necessary for hair and makeup, and plan to be done with both no later than 45 minutes before you need to leave.
Have a bridal emergency kit. Some examples: clear nail polish, stain remover, dental floss, double-sided tape, bobby pins, safety pins, mints, a sewing kit, tissues, pain reliever, tampons, lip gloss and deodorant. I'll also be bringing along my bag of goodies.
Have a rain plan. If the 5-day forecast calls for rain, buy some cute clear or white umbrellas for you and your bridal party. Leave the tags on, and if it doesn't rain you can always return them!
Detail Shot List
Please plan to have any little details that you'd like to be photographed with you and ready to go for my arrival, as I will start with those as you finish up with hair and makeup. This may entail coordinating with your bridal party or family members who will be with you as you get ready. Refer to the list of suggested items below to help gather the items that you'd like photographed the morning of your wedding. Of course, if there are any other things not on this list that are special to you, include them as well.
- Bride's and bridesmaids' dresses (on pretty hangers, if possible)
- Rings (both engagement and wedding bands should be with the bride during getting ready)
- Bride's and bridesmaids' shoes
- Bride's jewelry
- Bride's perfume
- Bride's headpiece/veil
- Bouquets and boutonnieres (have them delivered to the prep location before we arrive so they can be photographed at their freshest)
- Stationary (invitation set, program, menu, save the dates, etc.)
- Any gifts given to the bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Bride's garter (if doing a garter/bouquet toss)
- Any gifts or letters to be exchanged between bride and groom (don't open until we arrive to photograph it)
- Any special heirlooms or keepsakes
- Your something old, new, borrowed and blue