Are you planning a shower for an expecting mom and you're looking for a simple, yet creative, baby shower favor idea that you can make yourself? I recently made favors for a small shower I attended last weekend for baby Amari who is due any day now (I later photographed baby Amari at 3 days old). It involved just a few materials that I was able to find online and it can be customized in a variety of ways to match the theme of the baby shower... I made little baby food jars filled with customized M&M's. You can do so much with the M&M candies to personalize them... from choosing the colors to even including a personal photo on them. Baby Amari's nursery is green and brown, so that was the color scheme I used. The custom M&M's can get expensive, so I mixed in some solid M&M's to lower the price.
Here are the materials you'll need if you want to recreate this do-it-yourself baby shower favor, along with links to the places I purchased mine:
- 4oz. clear baby food jars with labels removed
- Buy a set with a few more than you need just in case some break in transit!
- 2lb. bag of customized M&M's ($55)
- I included the baby's name and 2 clip arts of a pacifier and "It's a Boy!"
- These come mailed in padding and with ice to keep cool
- TIP: Try the code "THANKS" when checking out to get 10% off your order
- 1lb. bag of solid green M&M's
- Thank you stickers for the tops of each jar (20 for $3)
- I went with a more simple look with "thank you" in script on brown kraft paper, but I have seen some cute ones on Etsy using different themes that can be customized
Adding some ribbon around the rim of the lids with the help of a hot glue gun would also add a nice touch. I was going to add brown ribbon around mine, but didn't have a glue gun handy and they weren't cooperating with me without some glue!